Accounting Manager (German speaker)
You will report to the Senior Manager heading up the accounting team and will act as people manager for a sub-team of 5 accountants of the German Desk within the accounting team while being in charge of a portfolio of clients.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be the followings, but not limited to:
- Review the work done by the team, both in Luxembourg and the remote team, such as bookkeeping, financial statements, tax or vat returns and any periodical reporting
- Support the Senior Manager and ensure that the work delivered by the team for clients is performed on time (planning organization) respecting the quality standards put forward by the organisation
- Training and coaching of team members in such way to support their career development
- Ensure that methodologies, internal procedures, standards, new regulations, are applied and rolled out within the team
- Support development and provide input in the appraisal process of team members
- Ensure that invoicing and time writing of the team members is carried out as per company standards
- Assist with the bookkeeping of client’s portfolio and answers to clients requests on an assigned client portfolio
- Prepare the annual financial statements
- Assist the client for the preparation of financial reporting and closing process
- Prepare the VAT and Tax returns and computation of the tax provisions
- Check, file and archive accounting and tax documents
Together we find solutions and make things happen but to do this we want you to contribute; looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient and effective way. You’ll need to be highly flexible, so that you can support your team and the wider group.
Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future, together. You’ll need to be thorough in all you do, using your own judgment to highlight any significant finds and put forward any recommendations to help us find an appropriate solutionQualifications Education:
- Bachelor/BAC+3: Accountancy/Business Administration
- At least 5 years of experience in Accounting
- Computer/program knowledge: Microsoft office and Demasy, SAP would be considered an asset
- Technical knowledge/experience: knowledge local GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP knowledge would be a plus
- Have People Management skills and previous experience managing a small team
- Languages: You’re fluent in German and English; any other language is a plus
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.