Fund Setup Control Officer
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
You’ll be working in the Fund Setup team of a top ten Fund Administrator in Luxembourg. Working in close collaboration with Client Onboarding, the Operational Teams and the clients, our team is in charge of understanding fund structures and accurately setting them up in our core Fund Administration platforms. We are the golden source for all satellite teams and systems.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Are you detail oriented, even when under pressure? Are you a problem solver who drives increased effectiveness and efficiencies? Do you enjoy identifying and mitigating risk? Are you looking for an exciting role with great development opportunities? If so, we have an exciting open position that will reward such a profile! The key responsibilities are:
- Implementation, ownership and execution of fund static data review and controls
- Drive lessons learned, risk mitigation and continued process enhancements
- Liaise with IT, operational teams and management to implement system and setup developments
- Interact with clients and Management Companies to work on fund static data requirements
- Engage with both internal and third parties for fund set ups, liquidations, mergers...
- Supporting the client onboarding team across all fund lifecycle events
- Interaction with external vendors, e.g CBL, CSSF, FUNDSQUARE
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to more junior level employees
- Interact with internal/external Audit.
- Review operating memorandum documents, and internal procedures.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- audit or control/compliance experience
- strong technical and analytical skills
- a good command of Microsoft Excel
- the ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
- Understanding of Fund Administration activities and responsibilities
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.