Manager – Financial Services Audit
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the biggest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. Within the audit department our financial services division has experience exceptional growth and specialises in providing auditing and assurance services to the following market sectors:
- investment management - hedge funds, traditional investment funds, private equity funds, investment managers and stockbrokers
- insurance companies - general insurance, re-insurance and captive insurance
- credit unions
- aircraft leasing
- special purpose vehicles and section 110 companies
- pension schemes
Arising from this growth, we are seeking to strengthen our existing audit team with an audit manager to meet the needs of current and future financial services clients.
This position will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved in all aspects in the running of the department and the team. A keen interest in business development, building strong client relationship, exploring new business ideas and presenting them to the partner group is also required.
In addition, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts competitive remuneration packages and ongoing career progression for the right candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of clients to ensure delivery of services in line with engagement objectives, scope and budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate engagement teams to deliver services to clients within client deadlines.
- Delivers a professional and personalised experience to clients, and maintains appropriate ongoing contact with them
- Develops skills and confidence in others through regular coaching and feedback sessions with team members to ensure we develop high performing teams.
- Inspires teams to challenge themselves, and creates opportunities for team members to be exposed to new work with a view to optimising individual career development.
- Identifies opportunities to drive efficiencies and increase profitability and displays the confidence to bring these ideas forward
- Participate in business development activities/initiatives, including preparation of proposals.
- Proactively develop client relationships, working closely with client management to develop commercially focused solutions to issues identified.
- Creates opportunities for collaboration across teams, service lines and industry groups to deliver a compelling client-focused experience
- Strengthen technical knowledge in field of expertise, continually sharing this knowledge with their immediate teams.
- Act as a mentor within the team, balancing the needs of the team with the commercial requirements of the firm.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a clear ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest standards of quality and risk management.
- Makes accurate judgements of the issues or situations which require Director/Partner input.
- Prepare client reports detailing issues found and recommendations for corrective and preventative actions to resolve them.
- Displays confidence and an ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Partakes in wider business conversations with clients and senior stakeholders and uses insightful questioning techniques to probe and develop a solid understanding of the facts before considering options.
- Respects the values and strategic initiatives of the Firm and how they contribute to the success of Grant Thornton.
- Champions and influences change; works comfortably in an environment where internal or external factors are changing and direction is unclear.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified
- High level of integrity
- Audit experience of financial services entities (or potentially recent audit experience together with experience of working in the financial services sector)
- Experience of managing a portfolio of audit clients for a minimum of 2 years
- Critical thinking skill and strong technical competence including extensive knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and FRS 102
- Clear and impactful communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative and attention to detail
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.