Assistant Manager - Capital Markets
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
The Jersey team consist of three teams of administrators and a team of accounting staff as well as support and secretarial staff. Each of the administration teams manage their own portfolios of clients and structures . The fee earners within the teams are responsible for the administration of the various cases with an on-going responsibility for their SPVs including incorporation, establishment of transaction and day-to-day administration. The Jersey team manages wide portfolio of Jersey, Irish, Cayman and Bahrain SPVs.
- Collaborate with your team to manage a portfolio of clients, offering advice from our internal processes
- Become an expert in technical matters and share knowledge with your team
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with procedures and standard documents and contribute to the development of procedures and precedents where appropriate.
- Ensure that all statutory returns are prepared and submitted as required and that clients' statutory records and the database is up to date
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of current industry issues, e.g. interest rate movements, changes in legislation etc which may affect your portfolio
- Consider regulatory issues at all times and report any concerns to senior management as appropriate
- Communicate openly and honestly with clients and intermediaries on a regular basis in order to establish, build and maintain productive working relationships
- Conduct meetings, produce minutes, resolutions and any other administration duties requested
- Oversee the quality of client service provided by direct reports
- Maintain client documents with integrity
- Pro-actively complete client take-on process
- Develop awareness of the potential to generate new business for the team from both new and existing clients
- Be committed and driven to achieving excellence for yourself and your clients
- Participate in client care and business development meetings under the support and guidance of the team management
People & Team
- Be approachable and accessible to your team members, offering guidance and development when required, providing regular feedback to senior management and identify any training needs
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
- Take care of, and establish good relationships with all suppliers, team members and clients
- Actively share knowledge with your team by way of team meetings and team presentations
- Provide input into the targets and appraisals of direct reports
- Display a positive attitude to work and problem solving
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure your clients are correctly invoiced
- Control the WIP on your matters - highlighting any issues to senior management and presenting solutions to the directors to try to ensure that no significant write offs are incurred.
- Ensure timeliness of debt collection
- Ensure all matters are reviewed for profitability at least annually, and corrective action is taken where required
- Assist with fee proposals and quotations for new business
- Produce accurate and timely invoices and review all invoices produced by sub team
Skills & Expertise
- Experience of successfully managing a complex portfolio of capital markets/ corporate clients
- Experience of supervising junior team members
- Self motivated and able to deal with tasks independently and use own initiative
- Strong academic background and hold or be working towards ICSA/STEP/ACCA
- Confident and professional with clients and excellent communication skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and good all round computer skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player, display positive attitude and willing to assist with team projects
- Confidence to participate in client care and business development meetings
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.