Financial Services - Assistant Manager, Audit - Bristol
Financial Services - Audit Assistant Manager - Bristol
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Insurance industry.
EY’s South West & Wales Financial Services practice is experiencing massive growth. Based in the heart of Bristol, our Financial Services operation has enjoyed major business wins across Insurance and Banking clients in the area.
With a huge welcome from our clients and increased demand from the local financial services market, the Bristol office is looking to recruit AuditSeniors and Assistant Managerswith Insurance or Banking experience to join team.
Are you someone who has been operating at an experienced Part qualified or at Seniorlevel and have not got the progression you wanted? Or are you looking to relocate, or do you want to be part of an exciting growth story?
Your key responsibilities:
You will be expected to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of EY's capability to support our clients. You will act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching and adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times, delivering work to the highest quality.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in the Insurance sector
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry,with particular experiencein the Insurance market
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Knowledge of current trends/issues affecting the Banking and Insurance markets in the UK
What we look for:
We’re interested in candidates with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.