Financial Services - Senior Manager, FAAS Banking & Capital Markets - Edinburgh / Glasgow
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and the UK has a dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, FAAS specialists must deal with the added complexity of understanding and implementing financial accounting and regulatory change in a constantly changing environment.
You’ll advise our clients on technical accounting on financial statements and providing accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients, and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional accounting advisory for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries
The areas we work in include IFRS conversion support, implementation of new accounting standards (such as IFRS 9, 15, 16, 17), implementation of new regulation (such as Basel IV, Ring Fencing), regulatory reporting (incl. Solvency II, FINREP, COREP), Finance operating model and process design and implementation (incl. technology-enabled solutions), Finance control framework design and implementation (incl. SOX), financial accounting/control/reporting process support, internal and external audit support, assistance with public offerings and structuring transactions
Skills and attributes for success
- Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of technical accounting and regulatory issues;
- Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
- Involved with multidisciplinary teams on projects to deliver high-quality client service;
- Continue to develop your technical skills through attending hot topic training workshops focusing on the key issues facing the UK and international financial services industry.
- Develop project management skills as you assist your team in designing and delivering implementation projects
- Build internal and external professional networks as you work directly with EY service lines (IT, transaction advisory, audit, and other advisory teams) and key financial services clients to tackle the current and upcoming challenges facing financial services today
- Support the team in developing practical solutions to accounting and regulatory challenges by utilising research tools and the EY network to investigate issues, assess the impact on clients, and contributing to thought leadership presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Accounting qualifications ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP, or US GAAP gained within the Financial Services sector
- Exposure to accounting and/or regulatory guidance, ability to interpret and document analysis and conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and stakeholder management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in project management
- Experience working with international banks, and knowledge of banking business structures
- Familiarity with the banking regulatory environment (governing bodies, current events)
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about Accounting Advisory. You will be a qualified accountant with a passion for this field and have very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.