Manager, Regional Controllership (Deliveries & Mobility)
Get to know the Role:
A Manager in the Business Finance team is responsible for the practical application of IFRS for core Grab business verticals (mobility and delivery). This role involves partnering with business teams to provide a financial reporting perspective, and assessing and offering financial reporting solutions to relevant stakeholders to enable financial reporting in accordance with IFRS.
The day-to-day activities:
- Proactive, independent engagement with business vertical, legal, compliance, technology, systems, financial planning and analysis teams;
- Understanding the business vertical activity economic objective, commercial context and intended structure;
- assessing IFRS and internal financial reporting requirements in relation to business vertical activity;
- assessing legal documentation, offering financial reporting solutions and building timely awareness amongst multiple stakeholders of the relevant reporting requirements, procedures and practices;
- documenting analysis of the accounting for products, services and transactions across multiple business verticals - with a focus on revenue, financial instruments, business combinations and consolidation; and a consideration of measurement aspects;
- engaging with regional finance accounting policy teams and external auditors to substantiate accounting views and treatment;
- working with systems and technology teams to ensure accurate data capture and recording within financial reporting systems;
- when necessary, assisting in the providing the basis for recording entries to finance controllership teams;
- assisting in the preparation of financial statements with regard to information pertaining to relevant business verticals;
- standardization of application of accounting policy across multiple locations and business verticals;
- providing financial reporting training as part of a planned learning and development program to multiple stakeholders across designations and functions.
- A passion for continual learning, interaction with stakeholders and finding solutions!
- Professional Accountant qualification - qualified CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 8+ years experience in an IFRS based audit/advisory/controllership role with sound knowledge of IFRS
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence, adapt quickly and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills across designations, functions, countries and cultures
The helpful experiences:
- Practical knowledge of the external audit process within large audit firms.
- Knowledge and experience of the PCAOB, SOX and SEC auditing and reporting requirements.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.