Sr Analyst, Accounts Payable
Under general supervision, performs a broad range of accounting functions including vendor invoices, employee expense reports, manual check requests, EFT transactions, vendor file maintenance and preparation of 1099 forms and Invoice Approvals. Responsible for the preparation, verification and accuracy of monthly reports. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of vendor payments and tax filings, reviews and adheres to federal and state regulations.
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reports for payment. Reviews and verifies accuracy of the data and proper authorization for payment. Approve vouchers based on allocated daily volumes
- Applies expense account classification and appropriate codes in order to maintain an audit trail on all invoices/expense reports processed; enters data into the appropriate systems.
- Balances or reconciles the data entered into the accounting system. Identifies discrepancies and works to resolve them.
- Maintains, updates and retrieves departmental reports. Researches and resolves problems encountered with the input balancing of invoices/expense reports and payments.
- Perform all functions related to Sales and Transaction Use tax filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Acts as liaison for all sales and use tax issues for all registered companies.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of filing as well as complying with federal, state and city regulations.
- Maintains complete documentation and procedures to support individual and 1099 filings.
- Processes off-line checks as requested, obtains necessary supporting documentation, charges appropriate account(s), and updates various accounting records and controls.
- Proactively researches and resolves problems encountered with performing daily tasks and refers more complex problems to manager or team leader.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the status of invoices/expense reports and vendor maintenance and keeps manager or team leader up-to-date on all relevant issues; escalating any issues as appropriate.
- Performs administrative tasks including maintaining files, coordinating audits, completing special projects, and interacting with internal and external customers.
- Assists local finance team to help with various matters relating to Journal entry posting, Withholding corrections, Follow up with vendors for refunds etc.
- Conduct Refresher training sessions for Analysts and work with Technical Coordinator for assisting cross training initiatives and DPAD updates.
General knowledge of accounting usually acquired through related work experience. Strong communication skills both verbal and written, attention to details, analytical skills and ability to work in a team environment. Willingness to learn new skills and ability to multi-task. Experience with sales & use tax and 1099 processing is a plus. Proficiency with Word and Excel.
Associates degree or 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.