Financial Controller - *Remote Working*
Higher Ed International, LLC (HEI) operates a global network of regional online program managers (OPMs) across Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa that help universities increase access to top quality and affordable higher education through online learning.
Higher Ed International, LLC (HEI) operates a global network of regional online program managers (OPMs) across Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa that help universities increase access to top quality and affordable higher education through online learning. Its holdings include Brighton-based Higher Ed Partners Limited which serves public universities in the UK, Continental Europe and North Africa. HEI has similar entities located in Johannesburg, Rio de Janeiro and Bogota.
HEI was created by Dallas-based Best Merchant Partners (BMP) which, since 2005, has been supporting digital transformations at public and private tertiary institutions globally in both developed and emerging markets.
- Preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns and monthly payroll
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Annual Budget, quarterly forecast and variances analysis
- Develop internal controls, managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues
Qualified accountant and highly experienced in a similar role Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; understanding of data privacy standards.
Fully home / remote working
Salary to c. £60,000