A great permanent opportunity for a full time Accounts Assistant role based in Central Manchester. Looking for an ambitious individual who is keen to break into management accounts.
Working for a well established, successful growing and dynamic organisation.
The duties include:
- Look after the accounts of some of the Group's entities, posting all journals and reconciling balance sheet accounts as part of the month end process.
- Report on Group costs as part of month end analysis and ongoing drive to implement cost savings.
- Support the month end reporting process and manage reporting packs, ensuring all data has been updated.
- Update weekly operational cash flow for Group and support in cash forecasting process.
- Generate Group VAT returns from Sage 200, reconcile balances back to control accounts and process returns
- Assist with the annual audit process to deal with audit requests and queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain group purchase ledgers, providing support to the purchase ledger team where required.
- Set up supplier accounts in line with group policy ensuring supplier information is up to date
- Process invoices ensuring all pricing and supplier information is up to date and accurate for all suppliers
- Process supplier payments and deal with remittances, journals to post payments.
- Liaise with Sales / Operations / Purchasing where any payment invoice issues affect supply
The successful candidate MUST:
- Have experience working in transactional finance - Essential
- Be ambitious and looking to progress - Essential
- Have the drive and desire to study ACCA/CIMA - Essential
- Be an excellent communicator with a high attention to detail - Essential
This role is looking to pay up to £22,000 + Study support + Hybrid working + Progression + Pension