An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an international Fund Administration firm as an Assistant Accountant. The role would suit a candidate with 1-2 years accountancy experience, degree educated and studying (or looking to study) towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
The client provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services together with a selection of consultancy services, to real estate and private equity fund clients. with offices in London, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York with over 285 staff looking after $35bn of assets under administration and $85bn of assets under administration and depositary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for the real estate customers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of cash transactions, purchase and sales invoices, accruals and prepayments and investment transactions.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
Technical Knowledge / Skills required:
- Degree educated, 2:1 or higher.
- 1-2 years accountancy experience
- Studying or looking to study towards an accountancy qualification
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.
Looking to pay up to £28,000 with a comprehensive benefits package including Full Study Support