Service Governance - Manager
Who we are looking for:
Looking for experienced professional with custody & accounting background to work for service governance team.
Work within Service Governance and Key client management program across GIC's, JVs & onshore business to provide continuous improvement to overall client experience through pro-active management of service delivery challenges.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration, and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity, and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
Work on critical risk workstreams such as Cash exceptions, Open Trades, failed Trades, past Due Income, and others for the Top Clients of the US with the aim of remediating key operational issues and minimize risks
- Identify the root causes of client impacting issues across workstreams by performing deep dives
- Ability to perform research or review of custody/accounting related transactions with the help of state street-based systems & SOPs
- Highlight findings of the review to the senior management and functional teams based on research or review
- Work with Client Service teams, GCOO’s and functional teams to remediate operational issues
- Establish routine communication with relevant stakeholders and execute strategies to better meet client expectations and to ensure collaboration & teamwork across entities.
- Assist in developing success metrics for each client. Expand the India service delivery scorecard for key clients.
- Track performance and enquiries with a specific focus on trends and improvement opportunities.
- Review the daily quality of services provided to key clients, specific to the KPIs, provided by the GIC and JVs in India Escalate any emerging trends which have a negative impact on the key clients
- Attend a monthly client review committee whereby client issues and success are reviewed on a BU by BU basis.
- Develop a deep knowledge of key clients & their business and service model. Leverage that insight to educate others about the client to ensure their needs are understood and serviced appropriately.
- Understand and own key clients changes across all impacted teams to ensure timely implementation and seamless experience.
- Partner with Client Service and support India leadership to manage escalations with rapid resolution focused on prevention and true root cause identification and resolution.
- Able to develop and implement procedural improvements based on successful resolution of issues.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis, out-of-the-box thinking and solution orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on prioritizations. Excellent communication skills are written and verbal.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good knowledge of custody and/or fund accounting
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze investment guidelines and policies to determine testing requirements
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs Overall experience of 10-12 years in Custody Banking, Fund Accounting or related work.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Master’s degree in any stream from a reputed university/college/institute.
- Other Professional course certification
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.