Valuation Control Group - Warsaw - Credit/SPG/XVA - Vice President
About the job
JP Morgan is establishing a Valuation Control Group (VCG) presence in Warsaw with a vision to create a team fully responsible for the oversight of all Valuation Control aspects for the Firm’s European legal entity and be the primary face off to key stakeholders including Front Office traders, internal audit, external audit and European regulators. Warsaw serves as a strategically important post Brexit location, being the European hub for the Firm’s broader Finance organization.
We are seeking an experienced, innovative, proactive and independent candidate to cover the Credit, XVA and Securitized products coverage of this newly created and critical Warsaw valuation control team. We expect the successful candidate to navigate complex issues and drive impactful change. In exchange, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment with ongoing career development opportunities as well as an exceptional benefits program with a competitive compensation package.
This new presence will provide our Warsaw based valuation controllers with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire valuation function and an oversight of the workings of one of the World's leading investment banks. The Warsaw team will benefit from ongoing expert training and development to ensure they are fully integrated and comparable with the controllers based in our key global trading locations such as London, New York and Hong-Kong.
- Perform oversight of price verification/benchmark process including the calculation of fair value adjustments (Credit/SPG/XVAs products traded in JPM AG entity)
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and liaise between multiple senior stakeholders and key partners to drive progress
- Identifying and escalate production-related issues to EMEA VCG Head & JPM AG CFO and to the relevant Lines of Business
- Liaising with internal and external auditors on matters related to regulatory reporting
- Experience of successfully partnering and working across a matrix organisation to meet stakeholders needs
- Prioritize the pipeline of BAU & Regulatory deliverables, while balancing and navigating through competing priorities
- Define the team’s objectives and priorities, and ensure ongoing successful delivery of those priorities
- Proven ability to parse complex tasks and juggle priorities in a highly dynamic professional environment
- Ability to clearly and concisely develop and deliver findings and recommendations with a strong attention to detail
- 6+ years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Ability to understand complex products and analyze transaction and process flows
- Understanding of valuation concepts as they pertain to financial products and derivatives, basic accounting knowledge
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude. Candidates with quantitative backgrounds preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, automation and database skills a plus but not a requirement
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.