Fund Accounting Corp Action/Income, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Role: Officer, technical expert and people management role
Provide Back Office accounting service of Corporate Action and Income happened on Equity and/or Bond assets, to identify and validate the reasonability of events then process the relevant corporate action entitlements, dividend and interest accrues into funds’ portfolios at best very date and make sure the value is timely captured for client’s daily NAV.
Service Scope: APAC Clients
Work Shift: Earliest shift at 5:30AM HZT during Australia day-light saving
What you will be responsible for:
- Comprehend the scope of services offered to clients and reviews with the team; demonstrate technical expertise and be responsible for operation issue resolution, manage daily process to meet all client deliverables and relationships with stakeholders.
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as ensuring all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for improvement
- Proactively manage risk at the business level, demonstrate satisfactory resolution including participate in the research and solution for Client inquiry; be fully accountable for all steps of the production chain.
- Accountable for overseeing the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within State Street.
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines.
- Apply the 'risk' escalation chain matching the context/policy e.g. operational issues to managers and suspicious transactions to Compliance representatives
- Be accountable for staff performance tracking, new staff on-boarding, overtime control, leave plan and provide engagement and development opportunities to staffs.
- Be innovative, embrace ideas and build change mindset; have the ability to look for better ways of working, optimize operation and drive the implementation of operational efficiencies and re-engineering initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Working experience in finance industry is preferred
- Experience in people and team management
- Strong responsibility for daily operation, team performance, staff development and client expectation management
- Good interpersonal skill and strong team spirit, effective communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
- Diligent and Attention to details
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient to Expert with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in finance related field is preferred
- Finance, Accounting or Economics background is preferred
- English skill qualification with CET 4 or above
- 3-5 years of related experience in financial services, fund accounting and/ or a back-office operations
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.