We are looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join our finance team.
This role will appeal to candidates who can display a commercial approach to credit control and will enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced professional services environment.
You will be liaising with a broad range of debtors; from large corporates to self-employed individuals so you must be able to continually adapt your approach.
Acting as the sole credit controller for our business, you will be responsible for maintaining an efficient credit control system where invoices are paid promptly, and client account queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
This position will be a combination of office and home-based working and will give you the opportunity to join one of the South West’s leading employers.
Your key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Building relationships with clients through telephone and email contact, chasing payment for overdue invoices, ensuring that terms of payment are adhered to
- To regularly review outstanding debt with Partners and Client Relationship Holders and report issues to the firm’s Credit Committee. This will include agreeing the actions required in order to resolve fee queries as quickly as possible
- Sending out statements and reminder letters to clients
- Working with the finance team to ensure cash is allocated accurately
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Previous credit control experience
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels and influence stakeholders
- Excellent organisation skills with the aptitude to identify problem accounts at an early stage
- A commercial mindset, positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to change
- Good IT skills with excellent attention to detail
Please contact Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.