Consulting Senior Manager (FSO): The Bahamas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale,support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’recounting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join usand build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset managementand private equity, banking and capital markets,andinsurance,we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients.As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Consulting Senior Manager in our Financial Services practice in the Bahamas.These are exciting, multi-disciplinary consultancy opportunities with a primary focus on serving clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Your key responsibilities
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas such as:
- Performance Improvement – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations, finance and accounting functions. Areas of focus include finance transformation, finance process re-engineering, accounting change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, consumer finance and treasury advisory
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
- Actuarial Consulting - Work with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating, leading, mentoring and coaching team members and delegating relevant responsibilities to consulting team colleagues
- Building strong external relationships and promoting business opportunities to other areas of the business
- Anticipating our clients’ needs and provide compelling strategic insights by constantly updating and sharing your financial services industry knowledge on the latest trends and leading practices
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Responding to complex issues on a wide range of subjects affecting our clients industries
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- A service line relevant certification such as a CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CIA, CAMS or equivalent is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams of business advisors through all phases of the engagement/project lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, client service and business writing and consulting skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology
- Ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues, banking, asset management and insurance industry practices, and new application technologies
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior consulting experience with strong business development, sales and account management skills
- Ability to deliver proposals and contribute to strategic discussions at the Board and senior management level
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs
- Strong managerial experience including leading teams across different projects
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working worldEY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.