Trade Settlement Senior Officer
The Loan Trade Closing Team is responsible for external client service relating to new issue/par/distressed bank loan trades. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The candidate will require the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including, attorneys, trade counterparties, administrative agents and others regarding trade confirmations, allocations, KYC documentation, settlements, metrics, and industry initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the bank loan market in order to communicate with business and trading counterparties.
- Take a lead role in the trade settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLO’s, restructures, privates, and trade claims including funding and documentation matters.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to.
- Act as primary point of contact for certain clients, possibly in an Account Manager role.
- Liaise with Administrative Agents with regard to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents.
- Act as mentor and resource for junior members of the team with ability to work toward building and management of team of closers.
- Interact with internal and external counterparts such as Portfolio Management, Attorneys, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Agent Banks, and Trading Counterparts/Brokers.
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional issues and communicate all issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the review of daily/weekly reports and metrics provided to clients to highlight status of trades and risks.
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, complete, and delegate tasks while providing high attention to detail.
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems
- Ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients; strong communication skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills, and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools is an advantage.
- Experience working with syndicated loans, preferably settlement of trades on par, distressed, LSTA and LMA documents, as well as trade claims.
- Knowledge of the Clearpar platform is an advantage.