People Advisory Services - Compensation Tax Technical - Senior
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
LOCATIONS: CLEVELAND, ATLANTA, MINNEAPOLIS, CHARLOTTE, DALLAS, CHICAGO, NEW YORK, HOBOKEN, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, MCLEAN, WASHINGTON, HOUSTON, AUSTIN, DETROIT, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, SEATTLE
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an ever changing working environment. As a member of one the PAS pillars- performance, talent, systems, reward, mobility and analytics--you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
As a Senior Consultant, you will assist clients in controlling costs and managing risks associated with HR plans, programs, and systems. You will measure, control, reduce, and reallocate HR costs. Assess operations to deliver process improvement. You will have the opportunity to gain excellent personal and professional growth and meaningful exposure to our business as an integral member of our client services team.
Your key responsibilities
You will work on multiple reward projects delivering quality client service and providing flexible and innovative reward solutions. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills and rapidly establish relationships. You’ll be generating profitable revenue by identifying follow-on engagement opportunities and developing lasting relationships with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Possess global compensation and employee benefits experience to be able to assess the financial implications of HR transactions for clients
- Collaborate with actuaries, plan administrators, compensation, and transaction professionals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and strong business-writing skills
- Work with clients on human resource operations and transaction projects
- Perform IRS and ERISA research for qualified plans and executive compensation issues involving tax provisions
- Track goals, action items and budgets using project management tools and methodologies
- Implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiency, and mitigate risk
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources, or a related field with 2-3+ years of experience in tax and employee benefits law or consulting
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical business acumen
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing requirements
Ideally you will have:
- CPA, JD, or Enrolled Agent credential
- Project management experience, planning, budget management, and reporting
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused expat tax team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.