Intercompany Accounting and ledger Control, VP #191662
Your field of responsibility:
- Responsible for ensuring timely settlement of Intercompany balances within the defined SLA. Monitor team’s performance against set KRIs/KPIs.
- Work with teams with varied strengths to resolve issues around the settlement process.
- Represent on governance forums with global partners.
- Manage different sub processes and collaborate with people across different geographical locations.
- Understand New Business requirements and assess its impact on existing processes.
- Handle multi-dimensional projects, regulatory projects and drive automation
- Ensure compliance to applicable control framework (SOX, CAF, MI etc.)
- General Ledger Account validation and sign off as per defined policy and accounting standards
- Deal with senior team members from Projects and Controls as well as internal/external auditors.
- Raise recharge and settlement errors and a timely basis and strengthen controls.
Your future colleagues:
The Intercompany team is responsible for the operation of account level controls such as monitoring of intercompany recharge accounts, reconciliation to source etc; where these activities lie within Group Finance. The team is responsible for ensuring timely posting of recharges and expense allocations to ensure stand-alone financials are accurate as well as performance of timely cash settlements function to ensure no adverse liquidity impact. It also requires need to understand processes that other departments perform in order to accomplish month end activities.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural valuesYour skills and experience
We are looking for:
- CA/ MBA Finance degree holder and have proven 10+ years of experience in a settlement function, preferably within Investment banking background
- Strong communication skills, control focussed, good analytical skills and a focus on delivery
- Should come with change approach and keen to understand end to end processes to drive process automation and an ability to balance multiple challenging priorities and assignments
- Should have team management experience
- Should have a client focus attitude and collaborate well
- An ambitious, hardworking who can work on own initiative and deliver on time
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.