Financial Modelling Manager/Associate Director
Overall job purpose
Responsible for the scoping, management and execution of financial modelling assignments (including model development, model assurance/model audit, and training). To support the team in product development and technical training/staff development. To be able to take part in and lead new business generation including building own relationships over time.
The team is in growth mode with an enviable list of blue chip clients and aspirations to maintain double digit growth. Strong opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
- Leading / execution of the client engagement processes reporting directly to the partners (time management, WIP management etc)
- Leading junior staff on projects
- Liaising as necessary with clients, internal referrers/stakeholders, lenders and other professional advisors during execution of work
- Preparation of high quality engagement documentation (from pitch and scoping documents through engagement and take-on documentation to deliverables and reports)
- Business modelling: developing and/or overseeing development of complex financial and business models (cashflow forecasts, strategic planning tools, business plans, valuation tools, investment appraisal, bid and cost models)
- Deal modelling: developing and/or overseeing the development of models for fund raising or restructuring transactions (project finance, leveraged finance, IPOs, private equity, debt raising, restructuring)
- Model assurance: leading and overseeing the delivery of auditing and review of financial models
Business development and marketing (dependent on candidate level and experience)
- Leading and shaping development of client pitches/proposals, researching, preparing and supporting presentations, scoping new work, support development of marketing collateral
- Presenting on financial modelling internally and externally
- Relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries and development of own network internally and externally (including large corporates, private equity/infrastructure houses, banks)
- Contribute to ongoing development of methodologies, templates, tools and best practice documentation
- Coaching of others in the team
- Contribute to internal reporting and operational improvement initiatives
Personal and professional qualities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Direct financial modelling experience, preferably within a dedicated financial modelling or FP&A function or team
Requirements for the role
- Strong technical financial modelling ability and on-going interest in developments in this area
- Strong IT literacy required, particularly in Excel
- Exposure and / or interest in data analytics tools such as Power BI would be desirable
- Genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for helping clients make better business decisions, informed by robust analytical tools
- Logical and creative problem-solving mindset
- Proactive and hands-on approach
- High intelligence, evidenced by strong academics
- Self–starter with energy to work long, flexible hours and to tight deadlines
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a critical thinker with a focus on continual improvement
- Able to form relationships with wide range of people and strong team player
- Willing to travel as required
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.