Manager - EMEIA Indirect Tax Compliance
Manager - EMEIA Indirect Tax Compliance
The GCR team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC).The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Indirect Tax Compliance, Service Management, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our indirect tax compliance professionals support large multinational clients with their indirect tax obligations in EMEIA and globally. Dealing with the indirect tax compliance requirements is the heart of the operations but this goes hand in hand with VAT advisory and technology support which we provide or coordinate with our specialist teams. We apply a client centric approach meaning that our professionals are organized per client, and not per country or region, to maximize the knowledge of our client’s business.
With our breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a Senior Consultant in (Country) and you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements. We deploy strong multi-skilled teams working seamlessly across countries and service lines, with major hubs in UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Romania and Hungary.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will be working a selection of clients where you are the assistant VAT controller for the VAT/GST compliance outsourced to EY, including:
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Review and approve indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Coordinate VAT compliance advisory, technology audit support
- Coordinate with other VAT controllers and report to the client’s Process Owner at EY (senior manager or above)
- Supervise coach and lead junior and senior team members
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
In addition, you will get a chance to work on one or more strategic initiatives we define in terms of:
- Process: standardization, centralization, design new services, legislative updates, etc.
- Technology: automation, data analytics, dashboarding, etc.
- People: training program, career development, recruitment, , etc.
- Go to market: position new services, marketing of existing services, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor/Master degree in economics or equivalent, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in EMEIA VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers.
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What we look for
Experienced professionals who want to join our fast-growing team and accept the challenge to provide high quality service to our clients and to continuously improve
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.