RSM M&A team is a leader in the mid-market regionally and nationally, advising on deals ranging in size from £10m-100m. M&A operates as a National business with over 100 M&A personnel in locations across the country. RSM’s CF team is regularly ranked in the top 3 advisers nationally in terms of deal volume and regularly nominated for awards across the country. The team predominantly advises on sell side mandates and also provides buyside and equity fundraising services across a range of sectors. Our clients are typically entrepreneurs, business owners and / or management teams who wish to market their business to UK and international purchasers and Private Equity investors.
The team is very hardworking and loyal. RSM invests significantly in people development and coaching and provides an ideal place for you to continue your development and gain critical experience. You won’t standstill in M&A.
About the job
The position involves you supporting Partners and Directors on M&A mandates including sell-side, buy-side and private equity fundraising. The job also involves you supporting and managing a team of graduates across the region and Nationally. Deal teams typically consist of four – five dedicated individuals, with mandates lasting up to a year. As part of the role you would work closely with CF teams across the country, broadening your profile and gaining exposure to a variety of people and sectors. Specific responsibilities are likely to include, amongst others:
- Pitching for new mandates alongside the deal team and preparing the pitch documents.
- Attending client meetings and working closely with the deal team to ensure key deliverables are of a high quality and within the desired timetable.
- Drafting and reviewing information memoranda.
- Reviewing and inputting into buyer research to ensure the most suitable list of potential purchasers is identified.
- Day to day project management and working closely with the client’s other advisers to ensure the project remains on timetable.
- Reviewing and, where required, drafting detailed call notes of key conversations with the client, buyer, and other parties
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be self-starter, a good communicator and with a passion to learn quickly to develop their knowledge and understanding of mid-market advisory. You should be keen to take advantage of the support, training, and development pathways that we pride ourselves on. A genuine interest in business and commerce is welcome as is the requirement to form part of a team with a strong culture for doing the right thing.
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Experience in managing graduates in other departments
- Strong communication skills and high standards for quality
- Ability to work to deadlines and be flexible
- You should have strong discipline and willingness to learn
- Strong verbal, grammar and numerical skills and ability to prepare professional, high quality documentation
- Regional travel to our client offices will be required once normality resumes
- Ability to project manage teams and day to day deal activities
- Ability to critically review work completed by graduate team members and provide constructive feedback
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.