Audit Experienced Staff - Insurance (FSO) - Bermuda
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services Organization is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big4 firm — and Insurance is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Experienced Associate, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
This is an area that has seen substantial investment, focused on technology, knowledge and development for assurance professionals. You’ll see that reflected in your career, with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities. That could mean developing a deep professional knowledge base in one area, or diversifying to audit in other markets such as wealth and asset management, banking, private equity and capital markets.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between partnering with a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- Performing complex and specific audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
- Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
- Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
- Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, supported by approximately 1 year of work experience as an auditor
- A record of excellence in serving clients across the insurance industry
- A CPA certification in the work state location
- Engagement management, execution and reporting skills, and the ability to build relationships with clients with a diverse range of backgrounds
- Confidence in your ability to prioritize when managing multiple project simultaneously
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A firm understanding of engagement economics
- A proven ability to build a network of contacts and mutual business relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.