Assurance - Accounting Consulting Services - Senior Associate - Jordan/Egypt
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We’ve delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview
We currently have opportunities for technically strong and highly motivated individual with a proven track record of high quality delivery of IFRS technical advice to clients or internally. We would like to hear from candidates with a wide variety of technical experience in applying IFRS, especially in conversion projects and providing accounting advice on complex transactions.
- You will be required to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as the role requires delivering complex advice in a clear and understandable manner to engagement teams and, where required, clients..
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in IFRS developments and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- Provide timely, high quality, well documented, consistent advice on consultations under IFRS.
- Perform timely, high quality, well documented, IFRS Financial statement reviews. Assist Assurance engagement teams and their clients in preparing high quality IFRS financial statements and provide technically correct accounting solutions. Quality remains our top priority and in doing financial statements reviews and consultations we aim to provide consistent advice on accounting matters within the Middle East and from a global perspective.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the Global Accounting Consulting Services ( “GACS”) network.
- Working with the Assurance colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on complex IFRS issues as well as with wider GACS network where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- As a key member of the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, and competency development, including supporting the delivery of annual IFRS Update Training
- The role sits within the Global ACS which is a virtual network operating in approximately 45 countries, comprising approximately 125 partners and 245 consultants. Its primary objective is to facilitate and promote the consistent application and interpretation of IFRS throughout the PwC network of firms combining a central technical team and territory/regional technical functions. The role will involve providing IFRS accounting advice to the Assurance practice and will enable the candidate to develop deep knowledge and expertise in IFRS. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider GACS network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting or Finance.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role – ACCA or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of relevant experience in accounting advisory or a similar function, preferably within a professional services environment.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting, experience of implementing IFRS, conversions to IFRS from other reporting frameworks.
- Experience in specialist technical accounting advice and support on accounting for proposed and actual transactions.
- Passion for continuous professional development, keeping up-to-date with IFRS developments and dealing with cutting-edge technical issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual speakers will have an advantage.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.