Executive, Capital Equipment, London
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As an Executive in our valuations team, you would be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of our industry, assisting clients on high-profile transactions and addressing key valuation challenges.
Our UK Valuations team provides advice regarding all types of intangible (business assets eg trademarks, brand names, customer relationships, licences, patents, technology and know-how) and tangible assets (eg real estate and plant & machinery) to FTSE 100 companies, government organisations, investment institutions and SMEs working across a wide range of industry sectors. Consisting of c. 200 people in the UK, our team works closely with EY colleagues throughout Strategy and Transactions (“SaT”), Assurance and Taxation service lines, and sit at the heart of a global Valuation, Modelling and Economic Advisory (“VME”) network of over 1,550 specialists.
Our focus is to recruit and develop a talented team through investment in technical and commercial training and knowledge transfer. As part of a multi-disciplinary valuation team you would work on complex valuation issues across a range of specialisms and industry sectors, working directly with experienced valuers and management.
Although our UK team is largely London and Manchester based, we operate as a national team and many of our engagements involve multinational clients. Travel in the UK would be required, together with working overseas, depending on the client engagement.
You would work on projects in all valuation specialisms, across a variety of service offerings including:
- Commercial valuations – including valuations & advice for acquisition or divestitures, fund & collateral valuations, transaction due diligence, insurance, mark to market exercises, portfolio analysis and broader SaT projects involving lead advisory and the restructuring teams;
- Regulatory and accounting valuations – including acquisition, financial statement/impairment advice in accordance with IFRS/local GAAP, as well as performing valuations for Companies Act purposes or in accordance with regulatory body requirements;
- Tax valuations and Intellectual Property (“IP”) transfer – for a range of purposes including tax reorganisation, transfer tax, rating, corporation and capital allowances in the UK and other territories;
- Dispute resolution – including litigation support and independent expert valuations;
- Audit support – as Internal Specialists, review of third party valuations for audit purposes; and
- Fixed asset management - fixed asset register preparation/review, capex reviews, asset life studies and depreciation expense analysis.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Executive in our UK Valuation team on a day to day basis you will:
- Work on a number of assignments with members of the valuations team, liaising directly with client management.
- Regularly work on intangible and tangible asset valuations, review client and industry data, build valuation models, perform market research and present your analysis to team members.
- Obtain a wide range of valuation skills across different industry sectors, and regularly work with clients and valuation colleagues in the UK and overseas with backgrounds in finance, accounting, engineering and surveying.
Skills and attributes for success:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial risk aware approach
- Analytical skills and attention to detail including modelling and first-class numeracy
- Intellectual rigour, agility and ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal, teaming and networking skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven experience working in a business or valuation environment, with minimum of 3 years of commercial, client-facing work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Financial modelling experience
- ACA/ACCA/RICS/ASA Qualification
- MBA, Master in finance, CFA, CISI
- Language skills
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firms
- Knowledge or experience of working in transactions - we don’t expect you to know all the answers and you’ll be given excellent opportunities to learn
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" button below.