Consulting Business Operations (Financial Services) Senior Manager, Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As our Business Operations Senior Manager you will be key team member of our ASEAN Operations team in the Financial Services Organisation(FSO). You will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders and stakeholders to develop and execute strategic priorities to achieve critical business outcomes
The Business Operations Senior Manager will provide the FSO team with strategic thought leadership, providing recommendations on operations improvement, lead key strategic initiatives and business execution.
You will work alongside our client teams to help them make decisions and implement solutions based on business strategy development to drive business value. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to solve complex problems and communicate your findings.
You are likely to possess a keen business sense and exceptional analytical skills, is able to articulate and communicate a clear value proposition and comfortable working across internal functions and geographies. With an analytical mindset, you will challenge assumptions and current practices with a data drive approach
You will be naturally curious, going beyond the obvious to discover unexpected insights and translate those into tangible business value.
Your Key Responsibilities
Business Strategy & Planning
- Contribute to Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents
- Develop key strategic initiatives to drive a sustainable near term and long- term growth
- Curate execution plan in alignment with the key strategic initiatives
- Drive pipeline management, providing valuable insights and analysis to achieve desired business outcomes
- Working with the account leadership team in execution of practical solutions and methodologies for near-term and long term- financial plans
- Lead the annual target growth planning, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes.
- Apply deep knowledge of marketing trends and activities to a sustainable business growth
- Ensure accurate pipeline forecast and funnel hygiene in the financial systems
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve issues.
- Prepare Monthly Reports: Operational Report, Revenue Performance, Margins v Efficiency Performance, etc.
- Assessing restructuring operating models, organizational structures, and business processes to streamline core operations service delivery.
- Assist in strategic pricing development for key pursuits, as requested.
- Manage invoicing and billing processes/ functions in partnership with Finance
- Ensure compliance in line with Firm’s standards
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feel supported, respected and engaged.
- Liaise with colleagues from different functions and countries across ASEAN
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Determined individual with a cross functional business skills and drive to get things done
- Equipped with an owner mentality, focusing on the ultimate business outcome for both short term and long-term growth
- Experienced in leading and navigating across diversified teams on all levels and seniority
- Proven track record in senior stakeholder management in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Strong presentation skills and advanced proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel is a MUST
- Project management experience is a plus
- Tertiary qualification in a business, technology or finance discipline.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a strategic or operations planning/consulting role. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for a more junior position.
- Proven leadership qualities and track record for building and managing a team towards achieving operational KPIs.
- Excellent organisation skills; project management skills will be advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- Ability to be mindfully present and appreciate the humor of each moment.
- Consultant with front office experience welcome to apply
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.