Business Transformation - Banking - CCSB - Senior Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Business Transformation - Banking - CCSB - Senior Manager - New York, NYC; Hoboken, NJ; Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA; Chicago, TX, Charlotte, NC
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace (“FSO”). Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
In a world where sustaining and improving performance has never been more important, our clients look to us for answers. As a Wholesale Banking Senior Manager, you’ll embody our Performance Improvement services, helping our clients grow and translate their needs into reality. We offer our resources the ability to work on something new while building from your past experiences.
The objective of our Wholesale Banking Performance Improvement Practice is to improve operational efficiency and leverage technology to drive cost reduction through growth-oriented transformation and portfolio protection and growth. The Banking Team is comprised of Performance Improvement (PI) and Technology Solutions Delivery (TSD) resources. Collectively, the group has a comprehensive skill set, which supports the delivery of operations, technology, compliance, and risk projects for top clients in the U.S. financial services industry.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you’re likely to spend most of your time on operational and technical aspects of client business. That means developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ unique needs and goals, before leading an engagement team in developing and delivering meaningful improvements to their business. You will be responsible for managing client engagement teams, executive level relationships, business growth, and practice development. You can expect to work with senior client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance transformational programs within Wholesale Banking, Wholesale Credit, Trade Finance, Treasury Management, and Transaction Banking. Additionally, you will play a significant role in identifying new opportunities with banking clients, drafting proposals, and building high performing teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consistently mentor and develop your teams and members across the broader practice
- Understand our clients’ unique needs to bring the right resources across all of EY’s practices and service lines
- Foster long-term, trust-based relationships with clients
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to our clients’
- Relentlessly deliver exceptional client service
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and budget
- Creatively find solutions to complex business problems in situations that require an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ strategic/organizational objectives
- Set strategic direction to ensure that project objectives are achieved
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree plus approximately 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree plus approximately 8+ years of related work experience, specifically within Wholesale Banking, Wholesale Credit, Trade Finance, Treasury Management, and/or Transaction Banking
- Experience managing multiple project teams concurrently throughout all phases of the project delivery lifecycle
- Consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global financial institution
- Experience driving both business development efforts while executing project delivery on time and within budget
- Experience with operating model design to define target state business, operations, technology, and control partner functions
- Experience in Capability Maturity Model planning, roadmap development and investment prioritization for large-scale, strategic, and transformative initiatives
- Experience in Core Platform Transformation to support the changing business and regulatory landscape, enabling the realization of strategic business priorities including improved client experience, market expansion and easier partner/correspondent banking integration
- Experience performing current state and future state assessment, gap analysis, process assessment, reengineering and operational implementation experience
- Ability to travel – you will likely spend a significant amount of time onsite with our clients. This travel can be as much as 80% to 100% of a work week and may be international. In addition, you must have a valid driver’s license as many clients are not within range of public transportation.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Commercial Lending/Wholesale Credit experience across the credit lifecycle (e.g. sales/origination, underwriting, fulfillment, servicing, loan accounting, monitoring, and default)
- Knowledge of transaction banking and treasury management to include, but not limited to, Cash Management, Commercial Card, Payments, Treasury Operations, and Corporate Finance
- Knowledge of KYC, AML, and other applicable compliance regulations
- Channel (branch, online, mobile, contact center, relationship manager) transformation experience
- Experience leading core system conversion and client migrations
- Experience in design, testing, and implementation of technology-enabled solutions
- Experience in vendor assessment, selection, and transformation
- Knowledge of workforce readiness, mobilization, and sales force effectiveness.
What we look for
If you’re a natural leader, with a talent for motivating individuals, building relationships, and solving complex client problems, we’re interested in you. You’ll need to be ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. Top performers in this role will have strong experience selling work, structuring complex engagements, managing large teams, developing reusable collateral, authoring articles, creating points of view, and experience working with C-suite client executives. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.