Indirect Tax Analyst
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Prepare and become the focal point of Morgan Stanley VAT returns in EMEA jurisdictions
- Perform various postings to the General Ledger, including irrecoverable VAT/GST expense, and prepare monthly balance sheet and expenses reconciliations
- Support automation of various manual processes and improve data analytics, learn to use BI tools
- Contribute to projects, support tax audits and work closely with key contacts across locations.
- Develop practical knowledge of the Firm’s business and understand how your role fits into it.
- Be mentored by colleagues and your supervisor to learn into your role and develop your skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years' experience preferably in the area of VAT/GST compliance
- Sound numeric skills and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple issues and under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Fluency in English (any European language would be a plus)
- Keen to work towards professional accounting or tax adviser qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CTA or equivalent).
The Indirect Tax group provides Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT/GST and US Non-Income Tax. The team in Budapest has recently increased its global footprint and has become a vital part of the global indirect tax coverage.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.