Tax & Legal Services - Tax - International Tax Services - Senior Associate - Amman
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond. Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.
Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as M&A transactions and company formations. A detailed description of the type of work is as follows:
You’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice – helping clients operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance with particular focus on the Jordanian tax implications.
- Tax Due Diligence reviews - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses, as well as overseas PwC tax teams
- Tax Modelling - working on tax inputs and assumptions to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Thorough knowledge of Jordanian tax laws/ regulations and M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, finance or business administration is required. CPA, Master of Science in Accounting/Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.