Private Client Advisory Manager/Senior Manager
Top tier London Private Client Manager or Senior Manager level role.
Working in one of the Firm's four multi-disciplinary workgroups, as a Tax Manager/Senior Manager. The role will include a balanced mix of advisory services (more than 50% of the workload) and tax compliance related to complex affairs, for a portfolio of personal and trust clients. Reporting to a mixture of Partners you will provide advice and assistance to Partners, Accountants and Tax Advisors as well as Tax Assistants and ACA Trainees on tax related topics.
- Provision of ad-hoc tax advice to clients and a high level of support to Partners and staff
- Managing all aspects of their allocated client portfolio; including the planning, the execution of the work, drafting of correspondence and billing
- Managing all aspects of the tax affairs of those clients for whom the individual is responsible and where advice spans different areas providing a high level of support to clients
- Providing ad hoc/planning advice to clients on tax matters
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients.
- Preparation of tax returns and related working papers.
- Dealing with the HMRC, in respect of enquiries
- Giving presentations/briefings to staff on relevant tax topics
- An extensive background in personal and trust tax, including strong familiarity and experience of domicile and residence issues.
- Strong experience of offshore trusts and structures.
- CTA qualified and a good academic record
- Effective client handling/service skills
- Experienced in coaching & delegating to staff
- Good written and oral communication skills (confident dealing with Lawyers, Bankers, Investment Managers and HMRC etc, able to produce accurate well presented letters, reports and schedules).
- Able to network and market effectively
- Flexible working attitude. Must be able to work on a number of clients' affairs at the same time.
- Organised and methodical manner.
- Good IT skills - including proficient use of Excel and Word.
Salary package: A competitive salary.
Annual salary review & discretionary Bonus.
Holidays: 27 days per year.