To be responsible for the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the Trust finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Co-ordinating and completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, payments, income and the receipt of goods and services where appropriate. To enforce the BPET Treasury Management policy.
- To be responsible for processing of all income and payments from the Central BPET bank account.
- To ensure supplier statements are checked and copy of invoices requested when needed.
- To raise payments following required authorisation having been gained and ensuring signed by relevant signatories, having regard to levels of delegation approved by the Board of Trustees.
- To be responsible for the School and Trust procurement card transactions, assistance to staff using the procurement card.
- To update information held on School and BPET databases in particular those relating to finance including recording expenditure and income, accessing and producing reports for budget holders, archive files and historical data.
- To be responsible for the investigating and resolving queries by liaising with suppliers, contractors, other schools, and organisations.
- To assist in ensuring accurate VAT accounting is adhered to and process journal entries.
- To deal with queries from suppliers, debtors, budget holders and other staff.
- To process of Direct Debits and updating the recurring payment schedule.
- To record of credit card transactions, assistance to staff using the credit card, reconciliation of statement.
- To maintain listing of accounts payable and to assist in the establishment of a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- To capture all Capital Expenditure for Management Accountant review
- To assist the Management Accountant and Director of Finance in the co-ordination of the annual audit by maintaining both manual and computerised records and filing systems in line with audit requirements.
- To be responsible for issuing invoices for all contracted services in an accurate and timely manner using the finance system.
- To ensure outstanding debts are chased and collected and resolution of any queries.
- To support the Office Managers with placing orders, receiving goods, and reconciling orders.
- To support the Management accountant in relation to any accounts and transaction queries.
- To assist with month end procedures including bank and other reconciliations and posting of journals as required.
- To use finance and support computer software as necessary, updating records and raising queries as necessary.
- To organise and maintain Contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA) file updating information.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required which are commensurate with the job and grade.
- This job description may be amended at any time after consultation with you. Support to School:
- Developing and understanding of BPET policies and procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of BPET
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- To attend training sessions as required
- To provide cover for other office staff as directed
- To support the safeguarding of students and staff
- To support the School and BPET distinctive vision and ethos