This is a permanent role with a great opportunity for training and development from senior members of staff. Be part of a friendly Accountancy team based in the City of London.
With sales of over $4 billion in 2019, the client is one of the largest travel management companies in the United States and one of the largest travel management companies globally. Serving the corporate and leisure luxury and mid-markets and entertainment community, they have 53 offices and more than 1,300 travel professionals worldwide.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
Support an existing team with general finance functions, but specifically regarding:
- Daily Interfacing processes (booking system to general ledger)
- Raising credits and manual invoices/ ADMs & ACMs
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- AP invoice matching
- Travel Supplier reconciliations (Evolvi/ Trainline /BSP etc)
- Recording and allocation of all banking deposits and disbursements
- Support in any other area of finance to assist other team members
The successful Accounts Assistant will possess the following:
- Basic accounting knowledge, ideally through a degree in Accounting/Finance or having started professional exams (ACCA, AAT etc)
- Good proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products.
- Basic VAT knowledge
- Customer service mentality and delivery focus.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Willingness to learn new department functions and to enhance existing skills
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required
- Ability to travel to the Reading office on the odd occasion
- Experience of the travel industry desirable but not essential
The successful Accounts Assistant will benefit from the following:
- Base salary up to £32,000 per annum
- Hybrid working
- Work closely with senior members of the team with blue chip background
- Training and development
- Competitive pension scheme