AVP - Middle Office
Purpose of Role:
State Street is in the process of enhancing it’s outsource service provision through Client projects by deploying leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, South Africa and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The Corporate Actions Oversight Team provides support to both the Client Relationship Managers and Investment Operations Teams in terms of tracking and, where possible, resolving Client queries. The role will interact with the Client and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role is supporting Multiple Client Relationship and Operational Teams in multiple locations. The role will need to initiate and maintain sound working relationships not only with processing teams within IMS but also with Heads of other SSC areas as well as providing oversight and control of offshore team who are responsible for ensuring that the database within Enterprise systems is maintained accurately and within required timeframes to allow the business to use the systems effectively. Additionally to provide a communication layer between offshore team and clients
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries are tracked, with pro active management to ensure timely response and resolution.
- Act as an escalation point across all EMEA clients Review KPI and MI on a monthly basis with the view of improving and enhancing current processes and/or introducing new procedures where applicable.
- Ensure the Corporate Actions Oversight function follows prescribed governance and compliance practices.
- Act within the SSC risk culture and escalate accordingly all potential incidents that could lead to financial loss and/or reputational damage to SSC.
- Ensure that all Incident/Error reports submitted by Business Control Team are completed in an accurate and timely manner and all ATPR’s are adhered to Ensure all Corporate Actions Oversight procedures are reviewed and maintained on at least an annual basis.
- Review the Corporate Actions Processing SLA with the JV on at least an annual basis.
- Ensure all documentation relating to Corporate Actions Oversight (procedures, checklists, SLA) adheres to SSC corporate standards Conduct (at least) monthly meetings with offshore JV teams and keep an agenda, minutes and action log maintained and are uploaded to the appropriate SharePoint/Collaborate sites.
- Ensure monthly KPI figures are agreed and discussed on a monthly basis with the offshore teams.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Assist in the transitions process of new clients/accounts Ensure timely and accurately to Client’s issues and inquiries via Email and IMT/IQM.
- Proactively manage offshore query resolutions within IMT/IQM environment to ensure responses are sent in an accurate and timely manner to clients.
- Prepare and monitor PPR goals and conduct regular monthly 1:1 discussions with all direct reports Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Participate and contribute to Client meetings and ensure attendance where necessary in Client Service organized Client meetings.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas for both onshore and offshore locations.
- Participate and/or manage Projects assigned by the Head of Dept, potentially with colleagues and clients in multiple locations.
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements where appropriate.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager.
- Provide Subject Matter expertise for complex system architecture queries/changes relating to Corporate Actions functions.
- Ensure significant matters are escalated to senior management, the GS UKMEA SMC, relevant functional heads and to legal entity boards as appropriate.
Work Parameters or Boundaries (e.g. Internal Procedures):
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Senior Management
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
FSA regulatory requirements
Does role require candidate to be an FSA Approved Person?
Level of Education:
Finance, business, technology qualifications and/or equivalent or relevant industry experience
Previous Level of Experience:
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications, projects and data mapping.
- RKS, OSA, MYSS, GIMS, IMT, ESP, EDW knowledge beneficial
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills necessary.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Requirement for business travel and possibly at short notice
- Flexible working hours will be required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.