Core Operations, Associate 2
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
Purpose of the Job (list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
As a Bank Loan Specialist, Associate 2, the ideal candidate will support and assist Client Operations and other operational Shared Service teams/ Center of Excellence (COE’s) by monitoring and processing custody related events to the fund’s records accurately and timely. Ensure prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk to the corporation and deliver excellent service to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities (list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
- Performs daily maintenance and record keeping for Syndicated Bank Loans held in various Mutual Fund and other Structured portfolios for various SSC clients
- Processing trades, booking receipts and disbursements
- Daily reconciliation of cash balances
- Producing daily roll-forward proof of portfolio holdings and accrual information
- Preparing standard and ad hoc reporting for both internal and external customers
- Responding to customer queries on a daily basis
- Daily processing of bank loan notices as received from agent banks,
- Interact with the Investment Manager on their assigned portfolios, inputting/settling trades, performing ad hoc requests and providing daily reporting per client specific guidelines
- The individual will work closely with their mutual fund counterpart, providing Loan related reports to be incorporated into the final NAV Calculation.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Other tasks as needed.
- Experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related careers (preferred).
- Bcom in Finance
- 3 Years’ experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related careers (preferred).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.