Senior Manager - Investment Performance Analysis
Job / Position: Performance Measurement Manager,
Reporting to: IMS Investment Analytics
Overall purpose of the role:
- Understanding how data inputs impact an accounts performance and quickly identifying the cause of error for correction.
- Validating completeness and accuracy of Portfolio / Benchmark data on a daily and monthly basis.
- Identifying, investigating and resolving discrepancies in Performance measurement using internal / external performance system and internal accounting system.
- Liaison with appropriate internal team to correct any performance issues related to cash flows, market values and / or pricing with the goal of correcting the performance.
- Provide necessary support to other Investment Analytics Functions, Equity, Multi-Asset & Fixed Income Attribution Teams as well as GIPS Services, Change Management and JV Oversight.
- Provide technical expertise on Performance & Attribution to clients and other departments.
- Respond to adhoc request for Performance , Characteristics, Attribution , Index data information
- Maintain strong internal / external stakeholder management
- Help drive team forward and promote team working
- Project management experience, including on-boarding new clients, new systems and liaising with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of technology and its ability to meet business objectives.
- Confidence to carry out daily responsibilities without immediate access to managers and peers.
- Participate in all aspects of UAT and feedback loops for technology enhancements.
- Partner with technology teams on enhancement workflow and prioritization, in conjunction with day to day production necessities.
- Contribute on short term, medium term, and longer -term strategic projects that focus on improving the IMS service offering and data quality.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Job rotation and career enhancement (formal and informal training) is also a part of the ethos within the team environment. These include:
- Produce accurate and timely Performance data, from in house and third party Performance systems, on a monthly/quarterly basis for Equities, Fixed and Balanced clients.
- Report to Fund Managers, Client Reporting & Institutional Marketing in a timely manner. Ability to produce top level and attribution, equity, unitized and Fixed Income products.
- Assist where necessary to produce ad-hoc Performance Measurement for multiple clients
- Maintain strong relations with various areas of IMS and with the client directly via regular consultations and correspondence.
- Help drive team forward and promote team-working
- Benchmark control – action requests for costing of new indices required by the client, communicating costs and sign off. Correspond with various departments to ensure we and the clients are licensed, and initiate the addition of new data to SSC internal systems.
- Engage in the Change Management Process for the Investment Analytics team. Ensuring all changes logged from the client and affecting the team are actioned accordingly. Correspond with the Change team to highlight any missing information requirements and communicate issues we may have. Delegation of Change Requests to respective members of the IMS Investment Analytics team, and ensuring responses are given to the Change Team within the agreed SLA timelines.
- JV oversight – regular communication with the JV for oversight of the daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Ensuring the SLA and KPI requirements are met and any issues are raised appropriately, including regular meetings and discussions with JV leads.
- Manage the Performance Measurement Data team. Ensuring all timetabled deadlines are met and all ad-hoc queries are completed in a timely manner. Regularly review procedures and implement changes to improve the reporting and communication process. Contribute to driving any new client onboarding Projects forward and maintain oversight.
Scope to use own judgment (low / medium / high):
Principal Internal / External Contacts:
- Marketing / Fund Managers / Company Secretaries / Operations / IT Dept / Senior Management / Statpro
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities (e.g. number of direct reports, scope of role):
- Yes, this will require building and shaping a team as the numbers of clients increase
Overall skills required:
- System solutions: WM Spectrum / Statpro Composites / Statpro Performance and Attribution / StatPro Fixed Income (SFI) / Factset / GPA / PnA
- Data feeds: RKS /Hiportfolio / Datastream / FACTSET / Bloomberg / External providers
- PC Skills: SQL , VBA and Advanced excel is mandatory.
Educational Level/professional qualifications (minimum requirement):
- Degree or equivalent – Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in finance , math or other quantitative discipline.
- CIPM or CFA / FRM would be an advantage.
- Prior Investment performance, investment operations, account reconciliation or fund accounting experience is viewed favorably.
Years/breadth of experience:
- 7 to 9 Years’ experience working in a Performance role within an asset management company/ Financial service industry
- Flexible approach to working
- Self starter and strong communication and other soft skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and expectation of others
- Global outlook
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.