Lead Analyst-Fund Operations & Reporting
BSP Finance & Operations team conducts a variety of administrative and financial reporting activities for certain private funds, including oversight and review of financial statements and other administrative tasks to ensure these are completed in accordance with department procedures and regulatory requirements. The group works with external auditors and internal stakeholders (including fund Boards or other governance bodies) to ensure the fund’s financial reporting complies with local GAAP requirements and industry guidelines and participates in product launch activities related to any operational requirements and financial reporting.
- Organize the routine elements of the year-end audit process and work with external auditors and third-party vendor to resolve issues with funds. As the primary contact, the Lead Fund Analyst coordinates with stake holders for preparation and timing of the Audit, responding to enquiries and bridging the communication gap between external auditors, third party vendors and internal groups during the audit process. Support the Manager on strategic or critical audit issues.
- Analyzes and/or reviews daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements/reports of certain private funds and other reporting documents provided to regulators, internal and external customers for accuracy and compliance with GAAP, Industry and/or client requirements. Analyzes and/or reviews complex supporting schedules and reconciliations required for completion of the funds various reporting requirements. This includes reviewing work completed by third party vendors. Assist in the planning and the co-ordination of all reporting to ensure that internal, regulatory and client deadlines are met. (Required)
- Researches and analyzes various accounting disclosure requirements for new accounting pronouncements and new product types and assist in the drafting of any resultant new disclosures or new accounting treatment.
- Responsible for expense control for designated funds. This includes preparation and oversight of the payment processes, ensuring expense accruals are consistent with budget estimates, expense cap compliance, budgetary reporting is prepared for Manager/Director review and for onward reporting to clients.
- Projects and Change management: Proactively identify potential improvements in work processes and client service, working closely with Manager to implement these. Participates in departmental/divisional projects, taking a lead on less complex work or participating in a wider more complex initiative. These could include, new product launches, regulatory initiatives, and inter-departmental projects.
- Provides customer service to clients (e.g. fund managers, sales and marketing, performance and risk, internal, fund boards or other governance bodies) including answering ad hoc queries and working with managers on special assignments for clients (e.g. additional client reporting for their regulator or Board Papers). Act as a key point of contact with other FTS Business units to provide client service support.
- Prepare and/or review complex fund calculations for distributions, capital calls, performance fees, carried interest allocations, partners allocations, management fees and/or supporting tax reports. (Required)
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Solves a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Typically has 5-8 years related experience (Required)
- Private Equity and Real Estate experience (Required)
- Lux GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS experience (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Required)
- Chartered Accountant - ACCA (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and MS Project