We are delighted to be working with a large independent accountancy practice that due to growth is looking to add an Audit Senior to its well established team. This role is great fit for a qualified accountant who is looking to work with a wide range of clients.
Due to continued growth a multi award winning firm of business advisors and Chartered Accountants in Manchester firm are looking for an experienced Audit Senior to join their established team. This Practice foster a culture of excellence and as such, they have a high number of very talented, long serving members of staff. You will be given a lot of responsibility early on which will really enhance your career development and you will have all the tools available to you to achieve & exceed your goals.
- Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
- Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
- Providing on-the-job training to audit assistants.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Reviewing the work of seniors and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Responding to the needs of clients and team members.
- Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
- Assisting with business development by working with audit colleagues and colleagues in other service lines.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- ACA/ACCA qualification.
- Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Friendly and supportive environment