Financial Reporting Team Leader
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Financial Reporting Team Leader:
We are looking for a Team Leader who will manage the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting for two key areas of the Corporate Specialist Accounting department:
- Long Term Incentives (LTI) provided to UK and US employees including disclosures in the Annual Report and Accounts
- Venture Capital (VC) entities located in the US and the UK, and the planning and forecasting activities for these entities.
In this role you will…
- Leading, Coaching and Developing one direct report
- Internal/External Reporting of Actuals - Deliver the month end finance activities, including variance commentary, IFRS2 charge and financial incentive (carry) calculations for the VC companies
- Responsible for calculation of the IFRS2 charge for local entity statutory accounts and GSK joint ventures
- Ownership of the accounting for all GSK Award Schemes
- ESOT Trust – review of the accounting for the two ESOT Trust entities
- Primary point of contact for third party provider for finance queries pertaining to employee portal
- Forecasting and Budgeting – Preparation of LTI and VC forecasting and planning activities and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required
- Work with Finance Manager to provide technical accounting advice to the Corporate Development Team and prepare financial approval papers, including coordination of inputs and approvals from External Reporting, Tax and Treasury
- Work with Investment Team on valuation discussions with investment managers on all companies in preparation for quarter end reporting
- Prepare and review with Finance Manager quarterly reports on equity sell downs and other regulatory requirements to Corp Secretariat for the equity investments. This includes Hart Scott Rodino filings
- Responsible for agreeing funding requirements for new and existing capital commitments with Corporate Treasury
- Compliance and Control - Manage internal Sarbox compliance, including managing external audits and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Process Improvements – Deliver process improvements to current ways of working along with any ad hoc project activities as required from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Finance degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Demonstrable experience in financial reporting activities, specifically year-end close and annual report preparation
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS, preferably in share based payments and investments accounting
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence different stakeholders across the company
- Strong teamwork skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- SAP experience beneficial – FI Module
- Valuations and modelling experience
- Venture Capital accounting experience
- Contracts and legal documents review.
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan.
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services).
- Using English on daily basis.
- Access to newest technologies and solutions.
- Flexible working hours.
- Integration events.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies.
- Supportive & friendly working environment.
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency.
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.