Tax Accountant, International Tax Services, ITS Standard, FSO(Senior) (Multiple Positions) (493502)
Tax Accountant, International Tax Services, ITS Standard, Financial Services Office (Senior)(Multiple Positions)(493502), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, San Francisco, CA.
Assist with developing and implementing technical tax planning ideas and strategies to help clients mitigate global tax risk. Research and analyze complex international tax issues. Prepare and review of US international tax forms (i.e., Form 5471, 8865, 8858). Review and assist on tax provisions, ASC 740 analyses, and other items related to assurance engagements. Examine financial statements to ensure that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations. Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, and ensure that taxes are paid properly and on time. Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures. Organize and maintain financial records. Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits.
Provide technical guidance and share knowledge with team members with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services focusing on more complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Learn about EY and its service lines and actively assess and present ways to apply knowledge and services.
Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Economics, Law or a related field, plus 2 years of related work experience; OR a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Economics, Law or a related field, plus 1 year of related work experience.
- Must have 1 year of experience at a professional services or professional tax organization, dealing with the financial services industry.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing and implementing technical tax planning ideas and strategies to help clients mitigate global tax risk
- Must have 1 year of experience in preparing and reviewing US international tax forms including Form 5471, 8865, and 8858.
- Complex modeling for the financial services industry, including at least one of the following: E&P studies, transition tax calculations, BEAT calculations and ETR calculations; or
- Complex modeling, including at least two of the following: E&P studies, transition tax calculations, BEAT calculations and ETR calculations
- Must have 1 year of experience in reviewing and assisting tax provisions, ASC 740 analyses, and assurance engagements with global tax exposure.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, experience or training.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.