Senior Consultant - Finance Change Delivery - Financial Planning and Analysis
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant level professional with strong experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and track record of delivering Finance transformation across Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance. We are seeking people who can apply their change, line or technology skills to design and deliver solutions and support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. International assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in FP&A across Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients. You will assist senior management in leading engagement teams, provide valuable insight and advice to support clients make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will contribute to the growth and success of the practice, working alongside some of the most highly regarded professionals within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supporting large-scale and complex FP&A projects by contributing to a high performing team, assessing engagement risks and driving conclusions.
- Creating solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals.
- Development and implementing business readiness and providing post-implementation support post go-live.
- Being responsible for financial and contractual management of client engagements, including managing margins, scope and statements of work.
- Contributing to an environment that encourages Finance innovation and leading new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Developing strong internal networks, building client relationships and managing and driving growth of EY accounts.
- Aiding in business development activities and the identification of opportunities, supporting proposals and bid teams and managing development and delivery of high-quality proposals.
- Supplement the capability of the practice via sharing of knowledge and experience, as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools, and accelerators.
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff.
- Contributing to your development and the team's technical skills by demonstrating inclusive behaviors and establishing a culture of highest performing teams.
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments to support business development opportunities and solutions.
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams and functional specialists.
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment.
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation.
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems.
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges facing CFOs in the financial services sector.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of outcomes.
- Instil a positive team mentality, treating colleagues with respect and creating an inclusive culture.
- Comfortable and confident to engage with senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint and ability to balance communication of headline messages supported by detailed analysis.
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance, Risk / Regulation or Treasury function.
- Experience in assisting in delivery of large-scale Finance change programmes in Financial Services and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or
- supporting change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- working as part of a Line function at a Financial Services organisation.
- Experience of working within the Finance accounting function, with good understanding of the Planning Budgeting and Forecasting, and related management reporting including dashboarding and visualisations.
- Hands on experience in FP&A transformation.
- Experienced in contributing to the end to end FP&A implementation including requirement gathering, design, technical specification, build, testing, business readiness, training through to go-live and post go-live support.
- User and / or developer experience of EPM vendors and solutions (Oracle, Anaplan, Tagetik, Onestream, Adaptive Insights etc.).
- Exposure to an FP&A lifecycle (Planning, budgeting, forecast, Enterprise wide KPI & reporting framework, Profitability/cost analysis).
- Experience of designing, transforming and implementing Finance Operating Models with good understanding of how data, process, controls, people and technology come together to shape the operating model.
- Accounting and regulatory change knowledge e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, IBOR, ViR – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes / projects.
- Good understanding of how to leverage Cloud and other emerging technologies.
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is desirable but not compulsory.
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be desirable, but not essential.
About EYAs a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.