Financial Services - Manager, Pensions Audit - Manchester
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, building relationships, identifying new business opportunities. You will be the lead in driving the planning, review and be responsible for leading of your team’s completion of work and drive audits delivering on time.
- Work across a range of other projects such as risk reviews, AAF reports or analytics
- Supporting in creating an inclusive environment. Getting involved in other activities of the team, such as training, recruitment or preparing technical materials
- Take part in proposals, presenting to new or existing clients
As a member of the Pensions audit team you will also reflect EY’s core people values:
- Demonstrating the ability to challenge, influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity
- Demonstrating a teaming approach through your day to day working practices.
- Delivering “exceptional client service” based on a well networked, responsive and approach
As a Manager in the Pensions audit team you will benefit from:
- Broad exposure to delivering solutions to some of the UK’s largest pensions clients
- Developing a wide range of audit and technology skills
- Deepening your technical knowledge and broadening your understanding of regulatory requirements
- Build business winning relationships and enhance your business development skills
- Develop your skills in aspects or areas of the role that you choose to specialise in
You will have:
- Membership of a recognised accountancy body – ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, or equivalent
- Several years post qualification experience in practice and / or industry
- Relevant external audit experience, ideally with some experience in the Pensions market or in financial services
- Experience of Leading teams
The successful individual will be;
- Driven, commercially aware, and passionate about progressing your career with EY
- A good communicator, both in person and in writing
- Practical, organised and have a willingness to learn new skills
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.