Head of Transfer Agency Technology, Managing Director
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The Global Head of Transfer Agency Technology and Projects manages a global team of professionals responsible for all Transfer Agency IT projects, vendor management, and production support
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Transfer Agency Technology – Managing Director you will
- Coordinate and prioritize the global list of approved projects, driving completion of project milestones within approved target dates and budgets
- Manage the global Transfer Agency technology budget
- Oversee coordination with internal shared service teams, IT, business teams, JV partners, and vendors, and facilitate effective communication with key stakeholders
- Manage vendor relationships, review vendor performance and ensure SLAs are adhered to.
- Manage, track, and resolve issues and action items within target dates
- Represent departmental needs to others i.e. technology development team, vendors, JV partners, business teams and clients
- Provide reporting for senior management and effectively escalate any risk to production deliverables and project milestones
- Recommend best practices and process improvements
- Create and manage necessary documentation for assigned initiatives and action items, documentation may include test/project plans, CMRs, business requirements support
- Provide end to end support for business and system process where required
- Identify trending of root causes of issues, highlight and facilitate actions to resolve
- Manage, train and develop staff, manage employee performance, complete performance reviews timely, and handle employee relations issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree
- 10 Years+ of related work experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.