Alpha Portfolio Services Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for:
The candidate will be expected to assist the manager with the day to day running of the EMEA Portfolio Services Team (supporting 2-3 clients), covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management, Front Office Data Control, Corporate Actions and Front Office Support functions.
The Alpha Portfolio Services Officer is required to participate in daily and ad hoc activities as well as to ensure that governance activities are being carried out in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will assist to make sure that all aspects of the Team’s activities are completed timely as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks ahead of a client conversion.
Why this role is important to us:
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
What you will be responsible for:
As Alpha Portfolio Services Analyst, Officer you will:
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries, escalations and activities directly supporting the Front Office.
- Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle Office Teams on more complex queries / issues / breaks requiring end to end Alpha portfolio services support.
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
- Identify data or account trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilise all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to IMS.
- Assist with various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to present collaborative findings in front of a client.
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Act as Governance for offshore locations where applicable
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Team and project management experience
- Good client service skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience of Charles River Development, particularly IBOR considered a plus
- Experience in SQL beneficial
Limited weekend work may be required for deployment testing, typically shared amongst the team and occasional travel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.