Senior Consultant - Finance Data Analyst
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant level consultant with a strong delivery record in Finance Analysis within Financial Services, able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes, for our clients.
The candidate must be highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and someone who will add to the continued success of our team.
Expected to be based in London (although other locations in our UK offices will be considered). As part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with a variety of our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant you will be working alongside senior management in delivering a variety of Finance solution implementations, as well as offering valuable insights and advice to clients to support them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will also support business and practice development of the Finance Business Consulting team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting in the delivery of large, complex Finance implementation projects e.g. taking operational and reporting data requirements and mapping them back to underlying source systems, and into Finance data stores and other tooling (ERP/EPM/Reg Reporting etc.)
- Preparation of underlying material for leading design workshops, understanding the clients accounting requirements, understanding what Finance data is needed and how it can be captured, stored and distributed
- Defining and managing engagement mobilisation through scoping, planning and defining outcomes
- Co-ordinating activities between small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Ensure client satisfaction by providing timely, value-added services that meet or exceed expectations
- Supporting the Financial management of client engagements
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients
- Developing strong internal and external/client networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff
- Contributing to the growth of the practice by supporting practice development activities, including providing input to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers, identifying and researching opportunities on new / existing clients, and aiding the development of high-quality proposals and bids
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, applying inclusive behaviour, and emotionally intelligent leadership
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Significant hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (especially in BCM or Insurance), or a similar transformation role in FS industry
- A background in Finance, Risk/Regulation or Treasury, preferably with some interaction with top tier clients
- Exposure to the Finance Transformation lifecycle
- Exposure to specific prevailing Finance technologies and/or Data technologies
Data Analyst Skills
- Ability to take operational/reporting data requirements and map them back to underlying source systems (Finance data stores, ERP, EPM, Reg Reporting tools etc.)
- Exposure across the Finance Transformation lifecycle spanning design, build, test and release
- Understanding of chart of accounts, data model, data standards and organisation structure re-design
- Understanding of finance and accounting business process optimisation
- Comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Able to manage uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams, taking personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Comfortable with Excel, Word and PowerPoint, able to translate complex concepts into digestible communications
- Confident, concise and precise communicator, able to clearly express complex and/or challenging messages
- Knowledgeable and sympathetic to the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Able to apply logic and structure to solve complex problems through improved data models
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is preferred but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) with some practical experience gained in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
- Technical certification preferred, but not essential
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.