Manager – Business Banking Capital and Provisioning
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks corporate, regional and agribusiness and small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance
BB Finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division.
BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
This role reports to the Executive Manager BB Finance – Expense Management and Capital Management.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include;
- Delivery of timely, accurate and insightful Capital and Loan Impairment Expense (LIE) reporting for the Business Bank
- Half and full year end reporting including internal and external financial reporting related to Capital, RWAs and LIE
- Delivery of forecasting and budgeting of Capital and LIE
- Performance of ad-hoc analytics to deliver business-focused insight related to Capital, RWAs, LIE and profitability metrics to drive timely decision-making by the Business Bank and its leadership team
- Analysis of profitability metrics including revenue, expenses and LIE and the impact of asset and liability growth on profitability metrics such as Profit After Capital Charge (PACC) and returns on capital such as Return on Equity (ROE) and Return on Target Equity (ROTE).
- Analysis of capital drivers and the impact on profitability metrics
- Risk Weighted Assets and Regulatory Capital analysis
- Supporting the delivery of a robust financial control environment, including reviewing of manual journals and reconciliations in alignment with Group policies
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable
- Commercial analytical ability and experience
- Knowledge of APRA prudential requirements, capital adequacy, credit and AASB 9 loan impairment expense
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- SQL, Alteryx and Tableau experience is an advantage
- Financial Services industry experience in the
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 31/01/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.