Business Analyst, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The State Street’s Alpha Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile individual with business systems and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings.
The successful candidate must be inquisive, have strong business data analysis skills, knowledge of financial instruments, experience in functional requirements gathering and documenting, excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, an ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams, and good collaboration skills. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Solutions client implementation team based in Poland and candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with implementation leads in London, Frankfurt or Boston.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Services Implementation Business Analyst you will
- Support the Alpha Data Solutions Project Management team with detailed analysis, testing, documentation, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Work closely with Development team on building efficient data models and technical requirement that meet product/client requirements
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of the Alpha Data Solutions offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation and configuration.
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services for existing clients as needed.
- Work closely with the business systems analysts to understand the business requirements and data.
- Support live products and clients by troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by business users.
- Work as a member of a global team – provide status, communicate issues, share ideas, and follow process for analysis, development and support protocols.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Industry knowledge, Implementation experience combined with Middle/Back Office will be an advantage
- Previous experience implementing software or data services
- Solutions/client service orientation with focus and desire to deliver high quality client solutions
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing and business process analysis
- Outstanding analytical and planning, attention to details
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in the field of finance, computer science, data management or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience across Financial Services, Data or similar
- Knowledge of financial instruments is required
- Experience in SQL, knowledge of database design
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.