Associate General Accounting / Payroll Support Associate
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.Job Description & Summary:
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME. The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Additionally responsible for the day to day support and administration required within the delivery of account payable services.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Supporting the finance senior officer and manager providing task management as required
- Responsible for collating and processing all invoices received for Accounts Payable
- Supporting the matching of invoices to LPOs / accruals and following up on any consultation with procurement / purchaser
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO) Finance Manager
- Support the monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of employee payments
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or related field required
Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Good liaison skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.