Alpha Portfolio Services Analyst, Assistant Vice President
The State Street Alpha Portfolio Services team is comprised of Account
Services, Data Management, Enterprise Business Solutions, Portfolio Control, Cash Admin, Front Office Data Control, Front Office Support, Client Reporting and Onboarding / Operational Readiness functions. The teams are based across multiple locations in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and India. They are also supported by global counterparts in other regions across APAC and North America.
Alpha Portfolio Services is increasing its talent to support the onboarding of several new clients onto our Front-to-Back, Investment Platform – Alpha; and has a number of exciting opportunities for motivated individuals. These are new roles, expanding our existing teams, creating opportunities for development and growth in the future.
Alpha Portfolio Services is fostering a skilled team of Alpha professionals capable of both supporting the day to day operations of existing clients as well as assisting in the implementation phase for new clients.
Successful applicants will perform a combination of the following:
Front Office Services
Front Office Support:
- Acting as primary contact point for the client's Front Office team, triaging issues and ensuring they are resolved, calling upon internal teams where necessary.
- Using CRIMS and excellent communication skills to provide a technical support service to clients requiring assistance with the front office systems.
Front Office Data Control:
- Providing oversight and review of the daily reconciliation between CRIMS and State Street’s middle office IBOR record (RKS), on a Cash and Stock position and transaction level on a Trade date +1 basis
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to correct IBOR and CRIMS data.
Middle Office Services
- Acting as gatekeeper of the IBOR record, ensuring the accounting period close and reopening process is adhered to.
- Monitoring the overall health of the client's portfolios. via the operational control framework.
- As subject matter experts in the IBOR record, provide support for client operations teams with any operational client queries.
Enterprise Business Solutions:
- Maintain and develop State Street’s SQL based data warehouse (SSDD).
- Client query support on complex data set issues across Middle Office platforms.
- Responsible for daily delivery of cash projections, overdraft and stale balance reports to Fund Managers to enable them to closely monitor their accounts cash levels
- Monitor, report and investigate Synthetic FX matching and unit dealing services and issues.
- Managing events for new business/account updates, including fund launches, in-species, changes of custody, mergers, new markets and closures.
- Full analysis of client requests required to ensure the event is implemented in line with the portfolio managers’ expectations. Interact with all Alpha teams in order to implement the client’s request.
- Data Oversight responsibilities include, managing client data reviews, escalation point for clients on all security related queries, along with escalation point for the internal Data Team.
- Perform control checks and daily review and sign off of all data related activities, along with independent reviews and governance controls.
- Project manage the client onboarding process from receipt, preparation, implementation and Hypercare, ensuring that the Alpha Portfolio Services group meet / exceed project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines to help aid successful delivery of each workstream.
- Assist in the analysis of current/proposed processes and recommend solutions and improved processes, drive the implementation of Operating Models, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
In addition, individuals will be expected to:
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all Middle Office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals, utilizing all available resources throughout Global delivery.
- Interact with clients in a service oriented manner in particular in client implementations as well as business as usual.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Industry relevant exams supported.
Authorisation and Escalation:
The functionally specific VP/AVP/Officer Information Services UK may delegate responsibility for functional processes to the respective Senior Associate, Associate 1 or 2 within Information Services UK, Business Operations EMEA in order to complete all daily tasks.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" Button below.