Assurance - Business Controls Risk - IT Audit - Senior Associate - KSA
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Information Technology Audit Services practice, within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
Our team uses current and emerging technologies to assist clients with financial reporting, compliance, and operational processes controls. You’ll provide services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and Information Technology management controls.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s BCR team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of IT audits across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
- Identify key risks and controls, recommend improved controls, perform controls readiness projects and identify and assess controls in IT infrastructures, security, change management, access management, operations, program development, and in financial reporting related business processes. You will also be required to draft audit reports for circulation to clients’ management
- Continuously develop your skills, taking a keen interest in trends in technologies and the impact on our clients so you can help in conducting successful IT controls audits and identify any other high value propositions for our clients
- Demonstrate extensive project management skills related to IT audit projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules
- Demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the firm (e.g. ERP Assurance, Data Assurance, Cyber Security and Enterprise Resilience)
- The role also requires working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client audits and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate
- The role includes wider responsibilities which will include collaborating with the engagement leader and manager of external or internal audit teams for agreeing budgets, communications IT audit results and their impact on the overall audit and making contributions to the audit strategy/plan
- You will be required to possess strong IT auditing skills and work in close collaboration with the financial audit and internal audit teams
- Prior experience in a similar role within Big 4 (or equivalent)
- Arabic language is essential
- Working knowledge of information technology general controls concepts in the areas of system development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data and experience in identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems
- An understanding of IT security fundamentals across multiple domains including security management, security architecture, access control, application development, operations security, physical security, cryptography, telecommunications and networking, business continuity planning, investigations and ethics
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Computer Sciences, Information Systems Auditing, Accounting.
- Professional qualifications: Preference shall be given to the candidates having CISA qualifications, however the qualifications such as CISA, CISM, PMP, ITIL Practitioner can also be considered
- Relevant experience in IT risk and controls auditing such as access to program and data, change controls and computer operations, business process understanding and conducting business process automated controls testing
- An understanding of COBIT 5, ISO 27001 standard, Project Management standards, IT Service Management Framework, server operating systems (windows, Linux/Unix), databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Hands-on experience of any of the leading ERPs (Oracle or SAP) will be given preference
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes [excel, word, PowerPoint etc.]
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
- Experience with process, policies & procedures
- Knowledge in governance & compliance is welcomed
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.