Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Manager
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Manager, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting FAAS executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You’ll have the opportunity to challenge the status quo and provide alternative viewpoints. Leveraging off our delivery tools and service enablers, you’ll assist to plan and execute projects and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients.
As the market develops and financial reporting requirements evolve at a rapid rate, there has also been an increasing focus on technology or digital innovations to unlock potential as well as further optimise the finance operations in this changing environment.
We are looking for Manager to join our team in leading the execution of assignments related to:
- Finance process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, including re-engineering of processes and providing advice on opportunities for automation
- Audit or audit remediation to improve the quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Adoption of new accounting standards to drive compliance to reporting requirements
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the team on client engagements to assist with finance processes improvement and optimisation, strengthening of controls and governance, effective remediation of audit findings, enhancing readiness for adoption of new accounting standards
- Work with leadership from both client organisations and EY, manage project activities and facilitate decision making to achieve project goals as well as milestone in a timely manner
- Manage daily client relationship and provide insights into improvement options including opportunities for technology enhancements, consistently deliver quality work products and client services
- Build local and global EY network to foster knowledge sharing as well as deliver value added solutions to the clients
- Lead the planning and execution of project delivery as well as business development activities
- Develop solid understanding of our service offerings and actively identify way to improve our services to clients
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field / ACCA affiliate
- Minimum of six years of work experience in professional services environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Possess accounting technical capabilities and competency related to process improvement, familiar with enabling technology and innovations for finance function
- Knowledge of new developments in the financial accounting and advisory services capabilities, stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the clients’ businesses
- Completed the designated number of any professional accounting papers i.e. ACCA, CPA, MICPA, ICAEW
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements(FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.